Best Laptop For AutoCAD of 2018 & Buying Guide
Design programs like AutoCAD help engineers do their jobs by creating initial drawings and spot errors before production. In the engineering world, AutoCAD has extreme value and widely used to design and elaborate products. The operating system is an important part of the system software. Without a reliable operating system, AutoCAD designs cannot be done which also means choosing the right operating system can simplify the task of designing for AutoCAD users. Most AutoCAD personnel use laptops while working from home and it makes laptops the preferred choice for a majority of designers. For your convenience, we have picked the best laptops for AutoCAD, and these are listed below:
HP Notebook 15-ay011nr
ASUS ZenBook UX303UB
Microsoft Surface Pro
Dell Inspiron 15 3000
1. What should I focus on, while buying a laptop for AutoCAD?
Laptops are widely used because they are transportable, lightweight, and well-equipped for many tasks. The best laptop for AutoCAD should have a fast processor, memory, relatively large screen size, and good graphics.
2. Why is a fast processor laptop necessary for AutoCAD?
With each laptop, the specifications for the running speed and type of processor is given. The processor speed tells us about the number of cycles that can be performed by the processor. This speed is directly related to the better performance of the laptop. The computers having the speed of up to 1.8 GHz are considered good for AutoCAD. The computers also come with a quad-core and dual cores processors. The tasks are performed by each core. For Auto cad, a dual core processor does the trick.
3. Why is memory an important factor for AutoCAD based laptops?
RAM is important when it comes to AutoCAD. RAM is faster to read and write than other storage devices. AutoCAD software consumes space. Therefore a good memory is essential for its proper working. It can be easily said that the more the RAM of a computer the better it will perform technically regarding AutoCAD. For AutoCad a standard 4GB RAM is considered enough. However, it should be kept in mind that RAM can be updated anytime, and it does not create an issue while selecting a designer laptop for the proper working of AutoCAD.
4. How large screen helps in selecting a laptop for AutoCAD?
In my opinion, the screen size is quite essential for AutoCAD. In the case of desktop computers, the screen size should not be less than 17 inches. However, in the case of best laptops, the basic thing to consider is its portability, so a 17 inches screen size is not suitable. A standard screen size of 15-16 inches is considered suitable for AutoCAD and portability is also taken into consideration. It comes into the category of portability, and it is a plus point because you can easily carry it with you wherever needed.
5. Why is graphics card important for AutoCAD?
A high-quality graphics card must be installed in the laptop hardware to better view the 2D and 3D designs made on AutoCad. The problem is that these cards can be pricey and may only help with the AutoCAD tasks and ultimately have no use during daily tasks. Even so, there are a variety of cards which provide different graphics options. AMD card supports 4K displays, OpenGL rendering, and many other things. This card is an ideal choice for the AutoCAD users. However, this card selection is a fair tradeoff. You can either select a premium quality card for best graphics or get an average card whichever is suitable.
We have prepared a list of our picks to help you in choosing the product that matches your requirements.
DELL XP is an infinity edge touch display laptop. It has i7-7700HQ 7th Generation Quad Core Processor. It has a memory of 16 GB DDR4, upgradable till 32GB. The hard drive is a solid state drive with a capacity of 512GB instead of an optical drive. The screen size is 15.6 inches. It has a Windows 10 operating system.
- This sleek design is one of a kind its virtually borderless display maximizes the screen space.
- It is 59% thinner than the MacBook Pro.
- It provides with a wide viewing angle up to 170°.
- In comparison with a typical laptop, it displays is much brighter.
- With the accidental activation prevention, it stops any unconscious clicks when the pad is touched.
- The XPS 15 is cut out from a single block of aluminum for a durable frame which is also appealing to the eyes.
- It has a maximum good resolution, eliminating the need to zoom in to see clearly.
- It is light weight, weighing only 3.9 pounds.
- It has only two USB ports.
- The switching of the headphone jack within the software is not user-friendly.
Keeping in view, all the pros and cons it is seen that DELL XPS is a reliable product which is lightweight and has an UltraSharp 4K Ultra HD display. All I can say it is an excellent laptop with everything needed for a fulfilling experience. If its eminent use is for video editing reliant CPU and massive memory then this DELL XPS is a resourceful portal laptop.
HP Notebook 15 is an affordable laptop with processor i5-6200U Intel Core Processor 2.3GHz with a Turbo Boost till 2.8GHz. It comes along with an operating system of Windows 10. Moreover, it has a hard drive of 1TB 5400RPM with a built-in DVD writer. It has a maximum screen resolution of 1920×1080 pixels with a screen size of 15.6 inches.
- It is a light weighted laptop, weighing 4.7 pounds.
- Battery charges quickly and lasts up to 7-8 hours.
- It has a storage of up to 1 TB which stores large data.
- It has horizontal brushing in turbo silver color with textured linear grooves which are a sight for sore eyes.
- The touchpad is stiff.
- The navigation keys are small but still easy to use.
As a result, It is a good laptop which is affordable as well. If you are looking for a low-priced laptop with good specifications and specs, this is the one to go for. With the installed Windows 10 operating system it is best for looking and doing things with a new perspective.
Dell Inspiron is the 5th generation Intel Core i5 with 2.2 GHz processor. It is 0.9 inches thin and weighing 4.85 pounds. This laptop has a Widescreen LED-LCD with hands-on control touch screen. It is available in black color. Also comes along with a 8 GB RAM and memory speed up to 1600 MHz.
- It comes along with a built-in HD webcam with microphone.
- It has featured qualities such as DVD-RW, 802.11ac, Bluetooth 4.0, Webcam, Media Reader.
- The tactile touch of the screen is not much smooth as a glass screen like on a phone or tablet, but the touchscreen operation is smooth.
All things considered, the laptop feels light and is easy to handle. This product is great available at a great price. It has an installed optical drive. Keeping the pros and cons in mind this computer is a good deal for a 15.6 inches light weight touch screen laptop.
Microsoft surface pro has a 7th generation Intel Core i7 Processor. It has a RAM of 16 GB and internal storage of 512 GB. Can have three types of modes; studio mode, laptop mode and tablet mode. To run desktop smoothly and to ensure productivity it is installed with a powerful Intel Core processor.
- Surface Pro is ultra-light which gives a total mobile productivity.
- With a powerful Intel Core processor, it is 2.5x faster than the surface pro 3.
- It has a 50% more battery life than Surface Pro 4.
- It has a USB 3.0 port only.
It is a truly great laptop replacement. It can be converted into any of its modes depending on the need of accessibility. With the above pros and cons, it is seen that it has much more pros than cons. It has one cell lithium ion it has great battery life.
It has a powerful 6th-generation Intel Core i7-6500U 2.5GHz processor. It has a 13.3 inches touch screen. Furthermore, it is light weight and thin for the ultimate mobile productivity. It has a 12GB RAM and a portable storage of 512 GB. Moreover, it is extremely light weight due to polymer battery. It has a screen resolution of 3200×1800 pixels.
- It has a long-lasting battery life of up to 8 hours.
- For a great typing experience, it is provided with a backlit keyboard.
- In addition, it is provided with one year international and accidental damage coverage.
- It has incredible build in speakers.
- The device wakes up from sleep and resumes work within 2 seconds.
- The mouse pad is somewhat clicky.
Asus Zen book is a great laptop overall it has great features and specifications. With the one year accidental coverage and warranty, it is a great facility for the user. This laptop is fast and also expandable. It comes with Windows 10 (64 bit). It has more pros than cons, a great machine indeed.
Now you might have had an idea of which is the best laptop for AutoCAD for using AutoCAD software. Furthermore, the laptop needs to be a lot user-friendly, and the battery timing should be set fine so that you can do your work on your way. Hopefully, you have found the veracious information based upon the products reviews.