Best Gaming Laptop under $800 (Year 2018)
From the last few years, all of us have been observing the progress that is taking place in the field of gaming. Previously, there were very limited resources available for gamers. However, now, with the advancement of technology, where there are many new close to reality games are developing, the medium of playing these games are also advancing. In the past, though the game competition was the same hard, the graphics and animations used were nominal. Today, as a display, graphics and ease of gaming are increasing; it urges the development of a system capable of playing these games smoothly. Therefore, laptops and computer systems specific for playing games can be seen coming in the market.
These particular systems possess some specific features that make them beat other conventional laptops. However, where these laptops are advanced in their features, their prices are also not accessible to everyone. Therefore, it becomes hard for a crazy gamer to get their required laptops. Here, in this article, we will try to solve out this problem through providing guidelines for buying gaming laptop along with the list of gaming laptops that come with affordable price range. The list of best gaming laptop under $800 includes:
Dell 15.6-Inch Gaming Laptop
Dell Inspiron i7559-2512BLK
Acer Aspire E5-573G
Acer Aspire VX5-591G-5652
Dell Inspiron i576-3649GRY
Having a basic know-how of a product you are planning to buy makes it easy for you to choose the one fulfilling all your needs, and also assists in getting them at affordable prices. Therefore, here we have come up with few questions that might arise in your mind before going to buy the best gaming laptop under $800.
What benefits can a gaming laptop give me over desktopPC?
With the improving lifestyle, everything is becoming available in the one touch with the technology advancement. The major benefits you can get through gaming laptop is its compact body and portability. With the laptop, you can play your game anywhere you want from park to road or any other place. Though, it is considered that desktop can provide better performance because of their huge size they are more powerful than laptops. However, now many new chips are invented that can compact the whole system into a few inches devices. This thing prevents you from getting restricted to one room only for playing games.
- What are the important features that should be considered for purchasing the best gaming laptop under $800?
The basic and the most important features of a laptop that impact their performance majorly and that must be noticed before buying gaming laptops include its CPU, GPU, RAM, and storage. Few other specifications include a display, input devices, and battery life.
Which platform should I choose for my laptop?
Most laptops come with three different platforms Windows, Mac OS and Chrome OS. The choice of selecting any platform is yours. However, we can provide the difference of their services here that can help you in choosing a right platform.
- Windows is a flexible and most widely used platform. Along with offering reasonable prices, it also provides handy features like dual graphics chip, touchscreen, fingerprint readers, ability to switch between desktop and tablet modes, and many others.
- Mac OS that is installed in all Macbooks provides functionalities that are almost similar to Windows, but it differs in its interface. Additional features that Mac OS provides include transaction through Apple Pay, unlocking system through the watch, and few others. However, Mac OS doesn’t offer a touchscreen.
- Chrome OS though look somehow similar to Windows, but it provides limited facilities. It is a safe and simple platform, but the drawback is its few applications need a constant internet connection. Chrome OS laptops are inexpensive, portable, simple and offer good battery life.
- Linux OS is also available in different laptops with different flavors.
Should I buy a 2-in-1 laptop? What are pros and cons?
There are many laptops available in the markets that are 2-in-1 gadgets. These devices can transform from their traditional mode to tablet mode, stand mode or other possible positions. Laptops with such features usually contain two different modes. One is detachable in which keyboard and screen can detach from each other, and the second mode includes laptops that are flexible and can be bent through hinges in 360 degrees angle to change the mode. Both these modes provide few services better than other. However, if you don’t need a laptop to be used like a tablet than you better opt for traditional laptops that can provide better performance in affordable price range($400-$500).
What size should be considered while buying a gaming laptop?
The size of your gaming laptop is directly linked to its portability. Therefore, to decide a size, you have to consider how much portable you want your system to be. Typically the size of the laptop is classified through the size of its display screens. Laptops vary from 11 inches screen to 18 inches screen.
- 11 to 12 inches laptops are slimmest and most lightweight laptops with the weight of 2.5 to 3.5 pounds only. They offer the highest portability.
- 13 to 14 inches laptops fall into the intermediate category. They provide a good balance between portability and usability. They usually weigh less than 4 pounds.
- 15 inches laptops usually weigh between 4.5 to 6.5 pounds. Laptops with this size are best suited for those who want a bigger screen with not having the wish to use the laptop as a notebook.
- 17 to 18 inches laptops are big and heavy enough to be kept on the desk all the time. They can’t frequently be carried. However, they offer maximum performance and power that is required for playing intense games.
What points should I consider for input method of gaming laptop?
You simply cannot enjoy your game completely if you are not comfortable with the input method you are using. Your keyboard should offer a solid tactile response, and bounty of vertical travel, along with adequate space between different keys. Additionally, you should select keyboard with the comfortable layout and full-sized buttons. If your keyboard contains the backlit feature, then it will be a plus point. As far as the touchpad is concerned, it should provide you a smooth cursor rather than a jerky one. Also, the touchpad should be able to provide consistent touches throughout.
How can a brand affect my laptop’s performance?
Before purchasing a gaming laptop, you should keep this in mind that your gadget would only be as good as the company that is manufacturing it. Choosing a right brand puts a significant impact on your laptop performance. Different brands include Apple, Hp, Samsung, ASUS, Lenovo and many others. All these brands are best in one perspective than the other. The designs, performance, weight, size, price, and few other factors vary majorly from one brand to brand. Therefore, it is important to review all brands before going to buy a laptop. You can select the brand that excels in your required specifications.
In the above section, we have discussed the basic guidelines questions for buying the best gaming laptop under $800. To help you further, in this section we will consider the details of few best gaming laptops under $800 briefly. Their basic features along with pros and cons will also be provided in this section.
Acer Aspire is a black colored 15.6-inch gaming laptop. It contains Intel Core i5-5200U processor with the processing speed of 2.2 GHz along with 3 MB Cache. Its Graphical Processing Unit is NVIDIA GeForce 940M with the VRAM of 2GB. It comes with pre-installed Windows 10. The RAM present in this system is 8 GB DDR3L SDRAM, and hard drive contains 1 TB memory with 5400 rpm. It possesses 15.6-inch Full HD screen.
- It might provide you good system nd graphics processing, because of its Intel Core i5 processor and GeForce 940M graphics.
- It might provide you enough space, because of the presence of RAM, VRAM, and 1 TB hard drive.
- It might be difficult to carry this laptop, because of its 5.2 pounds weight.
- It battery might drain out quickly, because of its touchpad and other high-performance features.
This laptop can offer you real processing power, enough memory, and better connectivity. All these features are available at affordable prices as well. Though there are few shortcomings too, like short battery life, heavy weight and lacking few advanced features. However, overall, this laptop can be proved as a good gaming laptop with all novice level functions.
Dell Inspiron i576-3649GRY is 17.3 inches gaming laptop. It comes with 7th Generation Intel Core i7-7500U processor with the processing speed of almost 3.5GHz. Its graphics processor is AMD Radeon R7 M445. Its RAM has a capacity of 8GB and hard drive of 1TB. It contains 17.3 inches FHD with the resolutions of 1920 x 1080 and additional features of Anti-Glare LED-Backlit Display. It comes with pre-installed Windows10, and its color is beautiful foggy night metallic gloss.
- It might provide a good gaming experience to you, because of its 17.3 inches wide screen.
- It might provide better performance, because of its 7thGeneration Core i7 processor.
- You might fell short of memory, because of its 8GB RAM and absence of VRAM.
- It would only provide occasional portability because of its large size and heavy weight.
Buying this laptop depends entirely on individual choices. It comes with large size and heavy weight along with good processing power and quality screen display. Though the drawback of low space RAM is also there, it can be a good choice for you if you want to have a large screen gaming laptop
Acer Aspire VX5-591G-5652 is a 15.6-inch gaming laptop. It comes with 7th Generation Intel Core i5-7300HQ processor with the processing speed up to 3.5 GHz. Graphics processor installed in it is NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 along with the dedicated VRAM of 4GB. Its RAM contains memory capacity of 8GB and SSD is 256GB. It includes 15.6 inches Full HD widescreen IPS display with 1920 x 1080 resolutions.
- It might elevate your gaming fun through its illuminating iron-red keyboards.
- It might provide a good audio quality through its Acer TrueHarmony and Dolby Audio Premium.
- You might fell short of storage while using this system, because of its 256GB SSD.
- It might be less portable for you because of its 5.5 pounds heavyweight.
This laptop can provide you excellent processing performance, connectivity, Full-HD display, illuminated keyboard with backlit, and acceptable screen resolutions. The drawback that you might feel about this system is its low storage space, and heavyweight. However, if you can compromise on these few drawbacks, as the price range is also acceptable, then this laptop should be your pick.
Dell Inspiron i7559-2512BLK is a 15.6 inches gaming laptop. It contains Intel quad-core i7-6700HQ processor with 2.6GHz processing speed. Its GPU is NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M. Moreover, it contains 1TB hard drive and 8 GB SSD. Furthermore, it comes with pre-installed Windows 10 and Matte Black color with featuring red framework. It contains keyboard with backlit feature and touchpad too for input method.
- It might provide more secure and sturdy memory, because of its SSD storage.
- This system can stay cool despite playing the game for long, because of its revolutionary thermal cooling design.
- You might need to upgrade your RAM because its provide memory might not work effectively with system high performance.
The system contains all necessary features of good gaming laptop like the competitive processor, GPU, and storage. The feature in which this system is deficient is enough RAM capacity. However, that is upgradable too. So, if you want to enjoy your games with essential features and without putting much burden on your pocket, then you should go for this laptop.
Dell 15.6-Inch Gaming Laptop comes with pre-installed Windows 10 Home/Pro. It contains Intel i5-6300HQ quad-core processor and 2.3 GHz processing speed. Its GPU is NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M with 4GB dedicated memory. Its storage is 8GB DDR3L or 356 GB solid SSD. It comes with 15.6 inches FHD IPS screen with wide-angle and anti-glare properties.
- It might give you high frame-per-second rate, because of its GTX 960M processor.
- It might provide longer battery life, because of its SSD that consumes less power.
- As it contains 256GB SSD, you might fell short of storage as compared to other systems with 1TB storage.
- It might provide a shorter lifespan of storage as compared to other systems, because of its SSD storage.
In an affordable price range, this system can give you good processing power, graphics, and screen display. Ignoring it is few drawbacks, you might have good gaming experience with this laptop.
Being a crazy gamer and having a low budget can be a serious problem for many people. Games these days ask for improved features and specifications of a system to run smoothly. In such condition, you should purchase a gaming laptop after doing extensive research. Knowing basic features and their importance can help you to decide which component you can compromise to reduce the burden on your budget. In this article, a brief guideline regarding basic features and their impact has been discussed to help you in selecting a right laptop for you. Besides guideline, a list of best gaming laptop under $800 has also provided to assist you in choosing a perfect gaming laptop that can fulfill your gaming desire while putting less burden on your pocket.