Best Laptop For Animation of 2018 & Buying Guide
The reason of advancement in technology is that people always want to explore. Exploration also extends to the world of fantasy. Nowadays, the animation is what brings us closer to fantasy. Animation laptops use 2D or 3D graphics and make things appear closer to life. The animation is the process or art through which you create an illusion of moving objects with the help of moving frames. That laptop is best for animation which allows you to work freely on animation without any problem or hurdle. High-performance graphics cards and quad-core processors are some of the essential elements for an animator.
Here are some best animation laptops that I have chosen for detailed review.
Apple MacBook Air MMGG2LL/A
Dell Inspiron 2-in-1
Buyer’s Guide – What to look for, when buying the best animation laptop:
People should know their exact needs when looking for a suitable laptop to buy. As for choosing the best animation laptop, buyers must consider the following questions and their answers to choose the best product for themselves.
1. What are the minimum specifications required for the laptop to work effectively on animation?
Not every laptop can work well on animations. There are certain basic conditions required for the laptop to work effectively on the animation.
Here are some characteristics listed below that your laptop must have for the proper functioning of the laptop for animation
- The RAM of the laptop should not be less than 4GB.
- The hard disk capacity should be more than 1TB.
- The processor can be any type, e.g., quad core or dual core.
- A laptop must have a high-end graphic card chip to support animation.
- Hard drives must not be less than 7200RPM.
2. What is the best platform for animation windows, mac or Chrome system?
There is three known operating system currently running on the laptops. While the window system is far more appropriate for designing or animation due to flexibility and continuous improvement in the operating system has made it a very friendly platform for most of the PC users, Mac OS also has a lot of features and software that work great for animation and research work. Chrome operating system provides insufficient space to its user hence provide less storage capacity, so it’s not preferable.
3. Is it necessary for the hard disk to be equal or more than 1TB for the animations?
The storage or hard drive capacity for an animation laptop is one the most important factor one should consider while buying, as the animated files are heavy, so there should always be abundant space available to store such massive data. The laptop hard disk must be equal to 1TB so the animator can work well on the animation without worrying about the space. Moreover, you should also not compromise on the hard drives less than the 7200 PRM. The large or sufficient space will enable you to carry out animation work easily on your laptop.
4. What is the right size and display for the best animation laptop?
Right-sizing and display quality are some other important factors which need to be considered while making a good purchase. The size can vary with different viewers. Some youngsters may prefer small size display or below 15 inches while some may prefer large display to see the designs more clearly. The average size of PC ranges from 11 inches to 18.5 inches. However, it should be noted that whatever size you are choosing it should be comfortable for you. Moreover never compromise on the display quality; it should not be reflective. It should be clear and should be of high resolution to make you 2D or 3D objects appear more attractive.
5. Why a graphic processor AMD or Nvidia is essential for the best performance of animation laptop?
NVIDIA or AMD – both cards work well for animation or some other heavy usage on your laptop. Nvidia is at the top consistently over the years. However, regarding price and functionality, both AMD and Nvidia do not have major differences. Both work significantly well regarding their functionality and work amazingly in the laptops designed for the animation. While making a purchasing, you can go for either AMD or Nvidia graphics processor as both work great for gaming animation, research calculation or graphic design.
6. Which CPU has proven best for supporting animations?
The CPU is the brain of a laptop. Although the work of animation can be performed with the help of either a dual core or quad core processor, yet dual core should not always be your preferred. You choose the type of processor according to your work, If you are a light user, then you can go the dual core processor. However, for animation, you must go for either core i5 or core i7 series laptop in case if your budget is more than 500$ to 1000$ and if your budget is greater than that you can go the Intel Xeon E3 processor, which is expensive but provides you with best animation experience.
7. Why is Intel’s Xeon E3 processor best for animation laptop than its other competitors in the market?
Intel’s Xeon E3 processor is wonderful for professional animation, engineering or research work. Though it is expensive and has a high battery usage, it still includes some features that are worth it. The laptop is perfect for 3D animations, complicated calculation or medical and engineering research projects. This type of laptop comes with 45-watt TDP including four physical cores and possesses dual conditions hyperthreading and turbo boost. The modern E3 processors have E3-1535M v6 and E3-1505M v6, and this is one of the characteristics of Xeon processors that they have management technology already installed inside.
Here are five related products I have chosen for the detailed review:
This laptop is from Inspirion series and has core i3 1.6GHz processor and 500GB HHD with built in windows 10. The product has 4GB SSD ram all this with an affordable price. The laptop has an HD 15.6 wide display with the memory speed of 1600MHz. It comes with an Intel Pentium CPU.
- This laptop is the best and full of features considering its price.
- The core i3 processor allows your work to be done faster.
- The laptop has a wide display of 15.6 inches for better and clearer view.
- The only major issue is the low storage, as it only has a 500GB HDD.
The laptop is the most affordable choice for students, though it has certain drawbacks i.e. low storage and battery issue. It cannot be a professional animator’s choice, as the laptop has limited features. By investing a little more in your machine, you can certainly have a better laptop for animation.
This Apple MacBook Air comes with the 1.6 GHz Core i5 Turbo Boost up to 2.7 GHz processor. It also has a 13.3 inch diagonal backlit wide display with high resolution of 1440 x 900. Furthermore, it also has an 8GB ram for the smooth and fast functioning of the laptop. It has 256GB SSD storage and also has Intel high definition graphics of 6000.
- The laptop has Intel HD graphic card.
- The battery life of the laptop is 12 hours.
- Fast processor makes it ideal for the animation.
- The features of this laptop are applaudable, but it is costly.
The MacBook is not affordable for all but is always more innovative and fascinating for laptop users. Everything has negative aspects, so does this laptop. Still, it is great and ideal for most of the animators. It can be an excellent choice for the professional and students for creating moving objects.
It is a powerful 6th generation laptop having 2.5 GHz Core i7 processor for fast functioning. The laptop has a wide display of 15.6 inches Matte FHD. It also has NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M gaming graphic card. The laptop runs Windows ten operating system. The laptop also comes with 8GB ram and 512 GB SSD storage.
- The laptop comes with Core i7 processor and 8GB of DDR4 ram, making it ideal for gaming and animation.
- It is a solid laptop, and backlit display always makes it look glossy
- The weight of 4.4 lbs makes it super light.
- The display is reflective, and it’s the weakest point of this laptop.
This laptop is must-have, and it has almost everything that makes it ideal for animators. The price of the laptop is high, but it is not overpriced according to its features. Though it has a con regarding its display, it is still worth buying.
The laptop is a 7th generation laptop having a Core i5 3.10 GHz processor. The laptop has 8GB ram and expandable up to 16GB. It has a 13.3 inches wide FHD display. The laptop has Windows 10 operating system preinstalled. Although it does not have an optical drive, it has 1TB HHD for efficient storage.
- The fast processor makes it ideal for the proper functioning of the laptop.
- The laptop is stylish and comes with Waves MaxxAudi for superb sound quality.
- ITB storage allows it to store more designs and animations.
- The touchscreen does not respond properly sometimes.
The laptop is a good choice. It has some negative aspects but still worth buying due to some very reliable features. The laptop has everything that an animator would wish for it
The laptop has 16GB ram and a Core i7 processor. The machine comes with 128GB SSD storage and also with a 1TB HDD. This laptop has a wide 15.6 inches display. The laptop comes with the Powerful NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB discrete graphic card.
- The laptop has a stylish look and a good processor with the Nvidia graphics
- It provides with a dual space option of 128GB SSD and 1TB HHD for efficient storage.
- The laptop is not very affordable, and battery life is not impressive.
This laptop is fantastic for gamers and can classify as the best laptop for animation. The laptop has all the features that work for professional animators. Moreover, a reasonable processor and large storage option make it more suitable for animation.
This article was a brief and precise overview for the best laptop for animation. The information in this article will enable the reader to understand the basics of animation and the fundamental requirements for a laptop required for animation. It also guides the professional animator which laptop will be best for them. There are numerous laptop brands in the market. One should pick the one that suits best to his needs.